Im sure you all know the brand Out & About Clothing relatively well. Maybe you’ve read our previous blog posts, maybe visited our site at Field days or popped into our store, Perhaps you read our numerous Facebook posts and receive our e-mail mail outs…….but do you know about the person that creates Out & about Clothing. Read on as we share our top 5 interesting facts about the creator.
- When I was a child my Mum and Nanna taught me how to sew. Every time my Nanna would visit I would rush to show her my latest creation. The first thing she would do was to look inside the garment….check the stripes match and the stitching was neat. I think her keen eye for perfection was passed onto me.
- I love my job. I get great enjoyment and satisfaction out of it every day……but my other passion is gardening. I love thinking about the bigger picture, the beautiful colour of all the flowers, the uniqueness of all the different plant varieties and the satisfaction of watching something grow!
- I was lucky enough to meet the love of my life and get married at the age of 19. I was 8 months pregnant at my 21st with the first of my 3 children and the Out & About Clothing business name was registered in the same year.
- Business wise the one thing that I am most proud of has been the successful transition from being a home based business (which we did for 15 years) to now being a standalone business with a shop front which is going great guns!
- I have been a ‘Keith girl’ my whole life. I was born in the Keith hospital (back when that was still possible), completed all my schooling at Keith and now am raising my family and running my business from the small country town of Keith in South Australia. Population approx 1200.