Out & About Clothing specialises in custom made womens rugby jumpers and polo’s with bright contrasting collars and trims. But what does custom made mean? The following blog post will unpack what it means to have a garment custom made and outline exactly what options you have when purchasing a top from Out & About Clothing.
Out & About Clothing does not mass produce! Each garment is made specifically for each
customer. This gives us the scope to make each garment to specifically fit each
customer. If you are tall, there is
nothing worse than always struggling to find tops that are long enough. If you have long arms (or short arms for that
matter) it is frustrating to always settle for tops where the sleeves are too
short or too long as it may be! What if
your hips are a different size to your bust?
Out & About clothing is happy to make a garment that fits YOU! This can be done through a phone conversation or via email chat but ideally if you are able to visit our store at Keith, South Australia (or one of our pop up locations across the country) – Here we are able to make notes that enable us to customise the top that you wish to purchase. Generally we would choose a top that is ‘best fit’ for you and then take note of any changes that you would like to make.
Below is a list of common changes that we can make to ensure the perfect fit.
- Adjust the overall length of the garment
- Adjust the sleeve length – longer or shorter
- Add a curved hem to the garment
- Lift the shoulder seams up so that they fit as desired
- Straighten the fit of our semi fitted tops so that you have all the benefits of our semi fitted style but not so hugging around the tum!
- Add extra to the side seams. We make lots of plus sized garments to fit all size women. Measure around your tum and we will make a garment to fit!
We also allow customers the option to customise the colour
combination of their garment. We do have
more than 450 combinations listed on our website and in our store but with Out
& About Clothing you are only limited by your imagination.
Below are some common customisation requests that we get.
- Customise the collar choice to fit with a specific theme. Ie coffee themed fabric for a top designed to be worn by someone working in their coffee van.
- Customer to supply their own fabric for use on their collar.
- Swap combinations around so that the customer has the combination that best suits them. Maybe swap the spot fabric for a plain fabric or use black stripe instead of navy stripe on a collar trim etc.
We love to work with you to create a ‘custom made’ garment that fits you well. The best part is that once any specific sizing requirements are noted – these details are kept to ensure that any future purchases are a breeze. We would love to speak with you about customizing your next rugby.